The Easy Accounting Solution for the Photographer is giving away a FREE one year subscription valued at $199! I’ve personally used TEAS and I love their software. Read below for information, tips, and how to enter!
The Easy Accounting Solution (TEAS) for photographers is the perfect tool for helping photographers stay on top of their business! So many photographers succeed at the art of photography, but fail at running at their business… which often strips the passion of photography and causes the business to go under.
TEAS is here to help photographers succeed at managing the business portion by offering an easy-to-use web-based application tailored to photographers. This app offers help every step of the way so that you never feel overwhelmed, or wondering what you need to.
TEAS for photographers:
– Has an address book for clients, vendors, employees
-Aids in pricing products
-Helps keep track of jobs (deposits, schedules, editing, sales, etc)
-Manages income, expenses, assets, liabilities
– Many more features as well!
Don’t worry if you don’t understand what all of the features are, or how you need to account for them – the app explains exactly what they are, how you should account for them, and where to put the info.
TEAS offers a free 2 day trial (no payment info required) so that you can try the app out and see how easy it is, and how much it can help your business! Once you see that you cannot continue business without it – it’s available for only $199 for the first year. Renewals are only $35/year.
Tips for surviving the busy holiday season
– Have a plan & know your limit!
– Start holiday sessions early
– Inform your clients that now is a good time to start booking sessions – before the weather gets drastically cold & hectic
– Inform your clients of deadlines – for gift prints, custom cards, etc.
– Decide how many sessions that you can realistically shoot, edit, and design for this holiday session – don’t overbook!
– Consider outsourcing this holiday – editing, or custom card design
– Consider hiring a temporary assistant – to help with packaging, setting up displays, and other jobs that don’t require your knowledge. A little help can go a long ways!
– If holiday sessions haven’t been successful in the past consider sending out a newsletter to clients, or offering special discounts or packages.
– Encourage families to dress in everyday attire, rather than festive Christmas wear – that way you can sell them a large canvas and other prints, rather than just Christmas cards. Show them examples of Christmas cards so that they understand this concept. Also this can encourage them to buy gift prints.
– Be organized (The Easy Accounting Solution can help you with all of these organization points!)
– Managing all of these sessions effectively will help you be less stressed and more successful
– Update client information
– Use your calendar
– Know your photo lab deadlines for holiday orders
– Know any other deadlines for business’s you don’t normally work with
– Keep up with client appointments and deadlines
– Make sure you have enough packaging materials, especially if you are considering using holiday colors
– Account for all payments – deposits, sitting fees, prints, etc. Make sure you are paid in full!
– Keep track of mileage if you travel to locations for shoots (this is a tax deduction)
– This is the perfect time to invest in new props or equipment if you need any tax deductions
Simply leave a comment on this blog. Earn an extra entry by liking TEAS on facebook then come back and leave a comment stating you did so. Winner will be chosen on October 24th using random.org.